A 16-year-old German tourist has reported being attacked and robbed after leaving the Cabo Roig Strip at about 1am on Saturday, 15 August. He says he was walking along Calle Ana María Matute in Campoamor, towards the coast and Playa de la Glea, when several people grabbed him from behind near an old stone bridge.
The teenager says he was placed in a chokehold, beaten and left unconscious. He woke at about 3am, injured and disorientated, and passers-by came to his assistance. He then discovered that his wallet, keys and iPhone were missing. He also found a mobile phone in his trouser pocket which he says did not belong to him and handed it to police.
The teenager has made an official complaint to the Guardia Civil. The following day, he tracked his missing iPhone using an iPad and found it discarded in a nearby green area. The phone had been badly damaged, with both its front and back smashed.
Anyone who was in the Calle Ana María Matute area, near the old stone bridge or nearby roads between about 1am and 3am is being asked to come forward. Residents and businesses with CCTV covering the area may also have footage that could help the investigation.
This article was written with AI assistance and reviewed by a human editor before publication.